A fantastic recipe from our new local Noodle bar: Noodle Nana, in Northwich, Cheshire.
“For anyone who is into soya milk or thinking about going dairy free, give it a try and you would be surprised how good it tastes. It is incredibly easy to make too.’
- 100g dried soya beans
- 1 litre water
- 3 tea spoons sugar
- Soak the soya beans fully in water and leave it for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water.
- Put the soya beans into blender and add 1 litre water.
- Switch the blender on for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the blended mixture into a sauce pan and slowly bring it to boil at low flame.
- Pour the soya milk through a sieve into a jug.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Leave it to cool down for 20 minutes.
- When cooking the soya milk in saucepan, use low flame and stir frequently to avoid burning the soya bean paste accumulated at the bottom.
- Avoid shaking the jug when you pour your soya milk if you prefer it smooth.
- It tastes the best when it is served warm.
Noodle Nana are a family run walk-in noodle bar, offering authentic East Asian food. Really worth a visit to enjoy affordable, healthy and tasty noodles and more! (I can vouch for this personally!)